Virgo questions

  • billdz.geo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      Like several others, I am confused about how to use Virgo properly.

      For the Perseids, Virgo consistently shows maximum meteor events
      around 0100-0300 (it does not say whether this is Zulu time, German
      time, or local time), with relatively low numbers around 1123Z, which
      was supposed to be the peak. I assume that these numbers are from the
      site of the OSWIN radar in Germany and have no relevance to the
      numbers in the USA? The Perseids were below the horizon at 0100Z, so
      this could not have been the USA peak time, correct?

      Is the azimuth indicator of much use? For my Florida QTH, the optimum
      direction was always between 300 and 270 degrees, which suggests that
      I will have trouble working stations to the north and northeast. But
      the help page says cryptically, "Maybe you just ignore the azimuth
      indicator." Any thoughts on this?

      73, Bill NZ5N