Re: [VHF] Perseids

  • Les Rayburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      Take it from me boys...if you've even thought about using WSJT to pick up
      those needed grids, then W5UWB and the Perseids peak is your best shot! John
      has an amazing signal on 2 Meters! We completed our initial meteor scatter
      contact a few mornings ago, and the entire QSO took less than 3 minutes from
      start to finish. Even a tiny rock is enough to work John...and he's got
      great ears to pull out weak signals like mine.

      WSJT is as simple as PSK-31...and in fact, if you have a soundcard interface
      that will work with your rig, then all you need to do is download the
      software, and join in on the fun. Try a few contacts in the coming days to
      get your feet wet, and then join us.

      I've got a sked with John to try 222, and I'd also love to make skeds to try
      to work a lot of new grids on 2 Meters. If you're interested, drop me a
      line!

      73,

      Les Rayburn, N1LF
      EM63nf