field day ctx

  • w9bli-Jacob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2003
      Just an  FYI for the group that our local club will be setting up
       a big 6m station using the following equipment

      6m Antenna --  48' monster antenna up 45 feet
      1000 watts of power

      The callsign will be  K9EAM and I will be running this station
      anytime I am around, but at nite will be dedicated to fsk mode
      or JT6M mode, probably the latter (JT6M mode). I will be running
      at the freq of  50.277 and starting looking east at even hours and
      rotating westward every 15 min if no contact is made. On the odd
      hours I will be looking west and rotating eastward every 15 min if
      no contact is made. If you have a specific time that you would like
      a ctx email me and I will confirm time. I suspect that I will start around
      0000z hours on Sunday, more on this start time when the date
      come closer

      thanks
      Jake - W9BLI
    • Randy Tipton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2003

        Jake what grid will you be operating out of… I am interested; it is getting harder and harder to find new initials on Six Meter Meteor Scatter.

        Tip

[...]

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      • w9bli-Jacob
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2003
          Randy,

              I believe it is still EN64,  but will be EN64xk i believe,
          but can get the exact 6 digit if you want

          Jacob

          Jake what grid will you be operating out ofÂ… I am interested; it is getting harder and harder to find new initials on Six Meter Meteor Scatter.

          Tip

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2003
            HI Jake,

            I will be coordinating VHF at my clubs field day here in the Twin Cities.  Would love to setup a JT6M or JT44 sked with you.  The call will be W0EF in EN34, Plymouth, MN

            73, Jon
            W0AMT for W0EF

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003
              Hi Jon,

              I will be posting more exact time info, but anytime I would think we could work you from en64
              using this big antenna. What time after 0000z do you wish to setup for  ??

              Jacob
              w9bli for K9eam

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 16, 2003

                            The frustration has been the band openings on six meters when you have skeds made for meteor scatter. I would like to run with you for a new initial on meteor scatter so let’s make it maybe 9Pm on Saturday night or 02:00 UTC Sunday morning! Say 50. 277 and I go first…. JT6M is ok for meteors. I can be flexible on the time so will accept most changes. Let me know!

                            If you will be operating two meters let me know, I would try FSK441 also.

                            We did work K8GP 1188 miles at 08:30 UTC during the contest using FSK441, the pings seemed long enough for JT6M but it took 17 minutes to complete and I prefer not to get up that early in the morning. HiHi

                            Tip

                            WA5UFH