Re: [wsjtgroup] USB OR CW?

  • Harry Popov
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
      Hallo,

      Once I did reply to similar question quite directly what I thought. Many
      americans were very ungry with my reply. This time I will try to be very
      polite.

      Well, If you made a QSO on USB mode it should be fine to use it in the
      furure. Now just try for a moment CW mode and you will have the answer.
      Next one. Did you ever try to read the manual or it is lost time and
      that is the reason to ask questions before any reading? I am sure we the
      vilage fools who spent our time to read the manual will answer your
      question.

      Now I will be very serious. Please respect the labour of the people who
      spent their time writing the WSJT manual and the tutorial. How you could
      express ypor respect? The only way is to read the documents first. If
      you do not understand it then give a questions. I am sure many people
      will try to explain. But read first!

      Yes you should always use SSB mode. On the particular band USB is the
      only standard choice.

      My congratulations on working Japan. It is a good achievemnt. Have a
      nice time with WSJT.

      Excuse me for my limited English. If you do not understand me just
      write. I will answer in perfect Bulgarian.

      73, Harry LZ1BB

      On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 19:35 +0000, n1ydp wrote:
      > I MADE MY FIRST CONTACT TODAY ON 14.075 USB WITH JT65,IC-7000 WITH 25
      > WATTS INTO A HOMEMADE DIPOLE AT 30 FEET WITH JA1PVX IN JAPAN.HERE IS A
      > DUMB QUESTION.SHOULD I BE USING USB OR CW MODE? AM I ALL EXCITED OVER
      > NOTHING OR IS JAPAN A NORMAL CONTACT FOR WHAT EQUIPMENT I'M USING?

      > Lagging Indicator/Activity :http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/randy_tipton/Test%20(Activity%20Database)/Meteor_Scatter_Reports
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Harry Popov
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
        Hallo all listers,

        I want just to explain my rude answer to the asking guy. It does not
        matter the nationality of the lazy man. I really get sick when I see a
        man who does not like to read and want to collect all the knoledge by
        just asking one or two questions. I am much mor rude and direct to
        Bulgarian young people who are doing the same. So nothing connected with
        nationality or race in my answer.

        I write this as the previous time manyof you wrote me personally and
        said I am writing against amercans. NO!!! This is not true. I do not
        like lazy egoists. No matter their nationality or race!

        Let me explain. Ham radio is just a hoby. It is not equal for musician
        and engineer to absorb it. But every one must put at least a little
        labour before asking. At least when there is splendid manual writen in
        perfect English.

        I promis next time I will keep silence and will simple not answering
        similar questions.

        73, Harry LZ1BB

        On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 02:03 +0300, Harry Popov wrote:
        > Hallo,
        >
        > Once I did reply to similar question quite directly what I thought. Many
        > americans were very ungry with my reply. This time I will try to be very
        > polite.
        >
        > Well, If you made a QSO on USB mode it should be fine to use it in the
        > furure. Now just try for a moment CW mode and you will have the answer.
        > Next one. Did you ever try to read the manual or it is lost time and
        > that is the reason to ask questions before any reading? I am sure we the
        > vilage fools who spent our time to read the manual will answer your
        > question.
        >
        > Now I will be very serious. Please respect the labour of the people who
        > spent their time writing the WSJT manual and the tutorial. How you could
        > express ypor respect? The only way is to read the documents first. If
        > you do not understand it then give a questions. I am sure many people
        > will try to explain. But read first!
        >
        > Yes you should always use SSB mode. On the particular band USB is the
        > only standard choice.
        >
        > My congratulations on working Japan. It is a good achievemnt. Have a
        > nice time with WSJT.
        >
        > Excuse me for my limited English. If you do not understand me just
        > write. I will answer in perfect Bulgarian.
        >
        > 73, Harry LZ1BB
        >
        > On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 19:35 +0000, n1ydp wrote:
        > > I MADE MY FIRST CONTACT TODAY ON 14.075 USB WITH JT65,IC-7000 WITH 25
        > > WATTS INTO A HOMEMADE DIPOLE AT 30 FEET WITH JA1PVX IN JAPAN.HERE IS A
        > > DUMB QUESTION.SHOULD I BE USING USB OR CW MODE? AM I ALL EXCITED OVER
        > > NOTHING OR IS JAPAN A NORMAL CONTACT FOR WHAT EQUIPMENT I'M USING?

      • Chris Maness
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
          > Hallo all listers,
          >
          > I want just to explain my rude answer to the asking guy. It does not
          > matter the nationality of the lazy man. I really get sick when I see a
          > man who does not like to read and want to collect all the knoledge by
          > just asking one or two questions. I am much mor rude and direct to
          > Bulgarian young people who are doing the same. So nothing connected with
          > nationality or race in my answer.

          You are correct. It is considered good Internet edict to read the
          manual before posting questions. Harry's response is actually quite gentle
          as some might resort to the more forceful RTFM in other Internet circles.
          Moreover, POSTING IN ALL CAPS IS ALSO EQUIVALENT TO SCREAMING ON THE
          INTERNET.

          I might suggest a good read if you are new to using Internet resources
          such as news groups or e-mail lists. It will save one much embarrassment.
          I myself have made many mistakes in these regards, but it is good to know
          the rules:

          http://www.livinginternet.com/i/ia_nq.htm

          Please, Please read this. It is VERY good.