any late 6/7 Random Hour Reports?

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2003
      Will be generating summary for last Saturday's Random Hour this evening.
      If you were active and haven't sent report, please do so. Like to
      include all if possible, even if you just monitored. Please list
      stations heard, tried and worked by band.

      TNX - Bruce, KD5IUG
    • Brian Hoyland
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2003
        June 7, I was active for both the 2 meter and 6 meter random hours calling for 2 x 15 minute periods NE and SE from Oregon, and actively listening the remainder of the hours. I only had one partial ping on 6 meters, but no recognizable text decoded.  Probably from one of the AZ or UT stations.

        TNX

        Brian, KC7OTV CN84ka
        Will be generating summary for last Saturday's Random Hour this evening.
        If you were active and haven't sent report, please do so.  Like to
        include all if possible, even if you just monitored.  Please list
        stations heard, tried and worked by band.

        TNX - Bruce, KD5IUG

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      • Randy Tipton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2003

          Hey Brian, I hope your participation and persistence will create new activity and interest in the west. Here in the Eastern half of the USA there has been about 40 known stations taking      part in the Random Hours, most on Saturdays. I think it is really neat after working schedules off the Ping Jockey in the early morning to spend the mid-morning operating the random Hours listening and making contacts. I figure about 40% of the meteor scatter operators in the CDT & EDT have participated in the random hours which makes for lots of fun and there is always room for more.

                      So we will probably never work on ms Brian because of the distance but it is nice to know there are operators in the west trying to make contacts. I always spend at least 10 – 15 minutes pointing my antenna towards the west during the activity periods. Good luck! & I hope your activity increases…

                      If you’re in the west, give it a try and point the antenna towards KC7OTV during the random hours or within range or me look for my modest station here in EL19pa.

          Tip

          WA5UFH