WSPR QRMed by ALE???

  • n6vl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2008
      I started late yesterday with WSPR on 30 meters. I got quite a few
      receive hits. But today there is an ALE signal covering the same piece
      of spectrum the WSPR signals do.

      First of all, can WSPR coexist with ALE?

      Second is the ALE user even on the right frequency?

      I wish to be impartial and respect ALE's rights to 30 meters. But it
      seems like I can't copy anything WSPR this morning due to an ALE signal.

      73,

      Steve N6VL
    • n6vl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        Sorry, but I was mistaken. I now realize the signal was JT65. I believe
        someone was calling CQ or was in QSO on JT65.

        That said it seems that WSPR & JT65 share the same spectrum on 30
        meters. I had to wait for the station quit the JT65 operation before I
        could hear some of the WSPR signals.

        I think the preferred 30 meter operating frequencies for JT65 & WSPR
        conflict.

        73,

        Steve N6VL