Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT - Just got started and have a question

  • Arthur Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2002
      Hi Chris,

      I am not a big user of WSJT, but I believe you will
      always be surprised what you can hear using it.

      In my opinion, you JUST copied the signal off the back
      end lobe of your beam.

      I spend a lot of time monitoring. I am always amazed
      how well and how different signals are picked up. A
      moderate gain yagi produces fabulous results. Too much
      gain can lower the reflection possibilities.

      Here at my QTH, I pick up FSK441 signals well as much
      as 20 degrees off the sending station. On many
      occasions, I have picked up backscatter signals from
      others 300-500 kilometers away. That really amazes me.
      The next major shower, I intend to monitor that more
      closely.

      Enjoy. I think you always will be surprised. Have fun.

      Art KA5DWI
      Fort Worth, Texas

      http://mail.yahoo.com/