Re: [wsjtgroup] jt44m newbie

  • Steven Raas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24 7:37 AM
      I belive u are ON the reflector already.. not sure tho.. go to eham .net... click on contesting.. and look for a reflector list.. u will find dozens of available reflectors there.

      ( i am having trouble subscribing to many reflectors.. i just dont understand the nesessary steps to do so.. im sure im overlooking sompthing simple. )
      Steve Raas
      N2JDQ

      Message 2 of 4 , May 24 9:31 AM

        http://www.chris.org/cgi-bin/jt44talk

        http://dxworld.com/ddx.html

        > The WPX contest is on this weekend is anyone going to
        > be listening on 50.270?
        > So far I have heard no pings on that freq.

        There is probably a lack of active stations within range of you for
        m/s contacts. 300 - 1200 miles seems to be the effective range, with
        many contacts occuring in the 600-900 mile range. I am active on
        50.270 frequently, but rarely point my beam at KL7 since there are
        few stations active there within my range. I would be glad to turn
        your way and call some CQ's on 50.270 if I know somebody's there to
        receive my calls. There are a few others active on WSJT modes in the
        Pacific NW who would be glad to work your station I'm sure. There are
        also a few KL7's who are active on WSJT near Anchorage, NL7Z is
        currently active watching for Es openings for JT44 contacts.

        > I will be listening tonight 7pm Alaska time for an hour
        > or so I believe that is 0300Z

        Meteors will be most abundant on a daily cycle just before and after
        the dawn hours in your morning, and then will diminish in number
        during the daylight hours. Point your beam towards Oregon tonight
        and I will listen for you around 3:00 UTC. We had very strong Es
        conditions between AK/BC and WA/OR/CA on the evening of May 20th,
        maybe we'll be lucky enough to have some more soon!

        Brian, KC7OTV CN84ka Oregon
      • Arthur Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24 4:02 PM
          PINGJOCKEY IS THE ACTIVE REFLECTOR SITE.
          IT HAS REFLECTORS FOR FSK441, JT44 AND JT44 EME.
          NO OTHERS COME CLOSE.

          GOOD LUCK, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS TO THE NORTHWESTERN STATES.

          ART