Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR mailing list?

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
      Either is fine with me.

      --
      Andy K3UK
      www.obriensweb.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
        Hi Bruce and all,

        Sounds like a good idea to me. My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
        long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
        feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT. If
        others feel that a separate list is better, I would be happy to go along
        with that as well.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

        Bruce Walker wrote:
        > On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
        > MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
        > cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
        > sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
        > can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
        > discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
        > or upload practices, etc.
        >
        > It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
        > new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
        > scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
        > more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
        > calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
        > operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
        > on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.
        >
        > Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
        > question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
        > a new list, I will do so.
        >
        > --bruce W1BW
      • Randy Tipton
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
          Snip: My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
          > long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
          > feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT.

          The conscience of the moderators is that the WSPR/MEPT-JT discussions should
          continue here on the WSJTGROUP. This group has adapted to the changes in
          WSJT
          software as demonstrated by the inclusion of JT65A HF explosion.

          We do not plan to expand the existing WebPages for the WSJTGROUP beyond the
          original scope, however we would like to provide links to good WebPages
          relating to
          WSPR.

          Terry, WA3LTB is an advocate of WSPR/MEPT/JT one of our moderators. If it is
          felt
          the group needs other moderators for coverage of these new modes, that is
          possible.

          Randy Tipton for the WSJTGROUP moderators...

          > Sounds like a good idea to me. My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
          > long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
          > feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT. If
          > others feel that a separate list is better, I would be happy to go along
          > with that as well.
          >
          > -- 73, Joe, K1JT
          >
          > Bruce Walker wrote:
          >> On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
          >> MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
          >> cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
          >> sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
          >> can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
          >> discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
          >> or upload practices, etc.
          >>
          >> It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
          >> new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
          >> scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
          >> more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
          >> calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
          >> operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
          >> on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.
          >>
          >> Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
          >> question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
          >> a new list, I will do so.
          >>
          >> --bruce W1BW

          > Lagging Indicator/Activity
          > :http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/randy_tipton/Test%20(Activity%20Database)/Meteor_Scatter_Reports
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Andrew O'Brien
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
            Thanks Randy et al . I'll be glad to help out if needed.

            Andy K3Uk

            --
            Andy K3UK
            www.obriensweb.com