WSPR mailing list?

  • Bruce Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
      On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
      MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
      cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
      sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
      can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
      discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
      or upload practices, etc.

      It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
      new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
      scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
      more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
      calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
      operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
      on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.

      Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
      question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
      a new list, I will do so.

      --bruce W1BW
    • Andrew O'Brien
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
        Either is fine with me.

        --
        Andy K3UK
        www.obriensweb.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
          Hi Bruce and all,

          Sounds like a good idea to me. My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
          long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
          feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT. If
          others feel that a separate list is better, I would be happy to go along
          with that as well.

          -- 73, Joe, K1JT

          Bruce Walker wrote:
          > On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
          > MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
          > cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
          > sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
          > can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
          > discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
          > or upload practices, etc.
          >
          > It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
          > new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
          > scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
          > more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
          > calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
          > operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
          > on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.
          >
          > Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
          > question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
          > a new list, I will do so.
          >
          > --bruce W1BW
        • Randy Tipton
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
            Snip: My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
            > long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
            > feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT.

            The conscience of the moderators is that the WSPR/MEPT-JT discussions should
            continue here on the WSJTGROUP. This group has adapted to the changes in
            WSJT
            software as demonstrated by the inclusion of JT65A HF explosion.

            We do not plan to expand the existing WebPages for the WSJTGROUP beyond the
            original scope, however we would like to provide links to good WebPages
            relating to
            WSPR.

            Terry, WA3LTB is an advocate of WSPR/MEPT/JT one of our moderators. If it is
            felt
            the group needs other moderators for coverage of these new modes, that is
            possible.

            Randy Tipton for the WSJTGROUP moderators...

            > Sounds like a good idea to me. My own preference would be wsjtgroup, as
            > long as Tip, WA5UFH, who is the group moderator, and others there do not
            > feel that WSPR is too different in scope and purpose from WSJT. If
            > others feel that a separate list is better, I would be happy to go along
            > with that as well.
            >
            > -- 73, Joe, K1JT
            >
            > Bruce Walker wrote:
            >> On what mailing list should we consolidate discussion regarding WSPR/
            >> MEPT_JT? It seems that pretty much anything regarding WSPR has been
            >> cross-posted to wsjtgroup, digitalradio, and knightsqrss groups,
            >> sometimes others as well. I would like there to be a primary list we
            >> can encourage regular WSPR operators to join so that we can have
            >> discussions on frequency coordination, updates to the wsprnet.org site
            >> or upload practices, etc.
            >>
            >> It seems that there are two logical places: here on wsjtgroup or on a
            >> new group (wsprnet?) created just for this purpose. As to size and
            >> scale, we have just under 100 unique callsigns on a typical day, with
            >> more like 150 unique callsigns over the last week. About 2/3 of the
            >> calls seen also upload spots. That is quite a network of regular
            >> operators it would be nice to coordinate, only a fraction of which are
            >> on the chat/spot page now on wsprnet.org.
            >>
            >> Personally, I think wsjtgroup makes the most sense (so I'm posing the
            >> question here first), but if there is sufficient interest in creating
            >> a new list, I will do so.
            >>
            >> --bruce W1BW

            > Lagging Indicator/Activity
            > :http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/randy_tipton/Test%20(Activity%20Database)/Meteor_Scatter_Reports
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Andrew O'Brien
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
              Thanks Randy et al . I'll be glad to help out if needed.

              Andy K3Uk

              --
              Andy K3UK
              www.obriensweb.com