jt44m newbie

  • kl7r
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2003
      Is there a reflector for wsjt?

      The WPX contest is on this weekend is anyone going to
      be listening on 50.270?
      So far I have heard no pings on that freq.

      I will be listening tonight 7pm Alaska time for an hour
      or so I believe that is 0300Z

      KL7R Juneau
    • Steven Raas
      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2003
        I belive u are ON the reflector already.. not sure tho.. go to eham .net... click on contesting.. and look for a reflector list.. u will find dozens of available reflectors there.

        ( i am having trouble subscribing to many reflectors.. i just dont understand the nesessary steps to do so.. im sure im overlooking sompthing simple. )
        Steve Raas
        N2JDQ

        The WPX contest is on this weekend is anyone going to
        be listening on 50.270?
        So far I have heard no pings on that freq.

        I will be listening tonight 7pm Alaska time for an hour
        or so  I believe that is 0300Z

        KL7R Juneau

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      • brian_kc7otv
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2003

          http://www.chris.org/cgi-bin/jt44talk

          http://dxworld.com/ddx.html

          > The WPX contest is on this weekend is anyone going to
          > be listening on 50.270?
          > So far I have heard no pings on that freq.

          There is probably a lack of active stations within range of you for
          m/s contacts. 300 - 1200 miles seems to be the effective range, with
          many contacts occuring in the 600-900 mile range. I am active on
          50.270 frequently, but rarely point my beam at KL7 since there are
          few stations active there within my range. I would be glad to turn
          your way and call some CQ's on 50.270 if I know somebody's there to
          receive my calls. There are a few others active on WSJT modes in the
          Pacific NW who would be glad to work your station I'm sure. There are
          also a few KL7's who are active on WSJT near Anchorage, NL7Z is
          currently active watching for Es openings for JT44 contacts.

          > I will be listening tonight 7pm Alaska time for an hour
          > or so I believe that is 0300Z

          Meteors will be most abundant on a daily cycle just before and after
          the dawn hours in your morning, and then will diminish in number
          during the daylight hours. Point your beam towards Oregon tonight
          and I will listen for you around 3:00 UTC. We had very strong Es
          conditions between AK/BC and WA/OR/CA on the evening of May 20th,
          maybe we'll be lucky enough to have some more soon!

          Brian, KC7OTV CN84ka Oregon
        • Arthur Jackson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 24, 2003
            PINGJOCKEY IS THE ACTIVE REFLECTOR SITE.
            IT HAS REFLECTORS FOR FSK441, JT44 AND JT44 EME.
            NO OTHERS COME CLOSE.

            GOOD LUCK, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS TO THE NORTHWESTERN STATES.

            ART