Re: [wsjtgroup] Newbie question about WSJT soundcard config

  • John DeGood
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2008
      wd4elg_base wrote:
      > I want to run two instances of WSJT on two rigs on the same computer.
      > I have two SignaLink USB devices, one plugged into each rig.
      > No matter what options under SETUP in WSJT I pick, I always end up
      > listening to Radio #2.

      Mark, you need to specify a different SignaLink interface in the "Audio
      In" and "Audio Out" settings in the "Setup | Options" dialog of each
      instance of WSJT. Here is the critical information from your post:

      > Audio Input Output Device Name
      > Device Channels Channels
      > 0 2 0 Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input
      > 1 2 0 USB Audio CODEC (2)
      > 2 2 0 Realtek AC97 Audio
      > 3 2 0 USB Audio CODEC
      > 4 0 2 Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output
      > 5 0 2 USB Audio CODEC (2)
      > 6 0 2 Realtek AC97 Audio
      > 7 0 2 USB Audio CODEC

      Your SignaLink interfaces are the "USB Audio CODEC" lines. So in the
      Setup | Options dialog of one WSJT instance set Audio In = 1, Audio Out
      = 5, and in the other WSJT instance set Audio In = 3, Audio Out = 7.

      WSJT saves these settings in the file "WSJT.INI", so I suspect you'll
      want to run your 2 instances of WSJT out of 2 different directories,
      otherwise the 2 instances will tend to clobber each other's settings. :-)

      73, John NU3E