My Unassisted Results...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 7:06 PM

      I hope everyone enjoyed the Rally, I sure did and here are my results.

      I decided to work unassisted giving way to something new and challenging! Central Time Zone- Low Power

      50 MHz Completed QSO’s  (15)

      144 MHz Completed QSO’s (6)

      144 MHz Sked less than 1300 miles… (1)  can not count being unassisted but a new grid & Rover…

      144 MHz MS Attempt not counted (1) because of Resulting Tropo Propagation L

      1 Contact by answering a CQ !!!

      6 Contacts by stations answering my CQ

      9 Contacts resulted by tail ending qso’s

      4 Contacts as a result of QSY (moving) Station from one band to another (every time I tried this it worked!)

      1 Contact result of Saturday Random Hour (I was disappointed here, was hoping for many more two meter stations to be on the call freq during the “activity period”)

      I was disappointed that I didn’t hear too many stations calling CQ on the call frequencies and I felt like many were not listening for stations that could try to tail-end their qso’s. (Well gotta have some excuse) There were many disappointments where I waited often times many minutes to tail-end a qso only to have it headed off by someone else requesting a sked even before there qso attempt was completed. (I called that being headed-off) This was frustrating because they were sure contacts and after following a complete qso, hearing all the messages I was all excited and ready to call them at the end only to see on PJ they “head-off”. But if we had it to do over, I think we would operate unassisted again. We were called away several times and were gone 2 entire days so I was satisfied with my results. I also found when calling CQ Up|Dn, most qso’s ended up on a sked frequency. Maybe there should be a small window around 50.270 and 144.140 for “Unassisted Only”?

      The “Stretch” schedules I had prior to the rally were all a failure but they were all distances over 1300 miles. I am interested in hearing about any long distance qso’s during the shower peak. Did anyone work over 1400 Miles? If so,,, Brag!

      “TURN IN YOUR LOGS”… Email preferred but will take snail-mail ….

      Randy Tipton WA5UFH (Tip)
      Edna, Texas EL19pa
      Email            :
      wa5ufh@...