Dos Start Up Windows

  • va7s
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28 9:24 AM
      Greetings All

      i am wondering why in the Dos startup window it shows the following

      Microsoft Sound Mapper INPUT
      SB Live! 24 Bit External
      Microsoft Sound Mapper OUTPUT
      SB Live! 24-bit external

      why is my SB Live 24 not being used by the program or is this a normal
      operation of the software. To use the built in Windows Mapper Sound Files

      Thanks Ian VE7IRA
    • Bill W5WVO
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28 9:45 AM
        Ian,

        Normal operation. Windows is trying to be smart (successfully, in this case) and locate the available sound resources for you. You could manually select the resources listed and it would work exactly the same way, as far as I know.

        Bill W5WVO

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28 9:56 AM
          Ian,

          It's using the default audio because you haven't told it to use the Sound Blaster. You do that in the OPTIONS menu where you can define the audio in and audio out device you want the program to use.

          Look at the device numbers for the SB and put those numbers in the appropriate box in the OPTIONS menu.

          73,

          Barry VE3CDX/W7

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28 1:26 PM
            Hi Ian and all,

            It would appear that your system has just one sound system.
            In that case, the "Microsoft Sound Mapper" simply
            defaults to that system, in your case the SB Live! You will
            get the same results by explicitly selecting the SB Live as
            you get by selecting "Microsoft Sound Mapper" -- or by doing
            nothing and just letting WSJT use the defaults.

            -- 73, Joe, K1JT