Responding on WSJT

  • hell92001
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 12:32 PM
      A question about the delay of one RX/TX cycle on WSJT.

      It may be that I am missing something but there seems to be an
      unnecessary delay in that it takes a further RX/TX cycle before one
      can respond. As I see it the situation is as follows:

      RX cycle 1 you hear a burst

      TX cycle 1 the burst is decoded in the first few seconds, but you
      cannot change what you are sending as this stops the transmission

      RX cycle 2 is wasted as you already have this info

      TX cycle 2 You send a reply that relates to what you heard in RX
      cycle 1.

      Question: Is it possible to change the transmitted message once a TX
      cycle has started to reduce this delay.

      73 Rex, VK7MO
    • hell92001
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9 2:01 PM
        A version of Murphy's Law - As soon as I asked the question I found
        out the answer.

        Clicking on the send button overcomes the problem and allows one to
        change midstream. I was clicking on the dot in front of the send
        button which makes the change at the end of the cycle.

        73 Rex, VK7MO