VISTA and WSJT problem

  • Trevor Spargo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2008
      I have a new Notebook (2.0Ghz 2GB DDR2 ) running VISTA and with which I can run MIXW218 in all modes satisfactorily.
      I have installed WSJT 5.9.7r383 and can receive in JT65A and get a nice looking waterfall in  SpecJT. However, immediately after a transmission a white band starts to creep down the waterfall panel at the usual rate of progression blotting out any further reception possibilities.
      If I close the programme and open MIXW its waterfall is also blotted out (in yellow of course).If I close this and reopen WSJT the waterfall is still blotted out -the only way to get back to normal is to restart the computer.When in this blot out condition there is no sound from the speaker output.
      Vista does have a slight problem with these programmes in that you cannot access the soundcard mixer controls from within the programmes.
      So, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this problem ? One suggestion I hope not hear is "wait until Service Pack 1 comes "
      Trevor VK7TS