Re: FW: Station in DO33 Needs Help...

  • brian_kc7otv
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12 9:46 AM
      -- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Tipton" <wa5ufh@y...> wrote:
      > FYI
      >

      > Can anyone in the NW NA help Gern getting started on WSJT?

      I've had strong summertime Es to DO33 on 6 meters. Worked there most
      recently on July 31, 2002 with 5x9 copy. Gern's 6 meter dipole may
      work for M/S if there's enough watts behind it and JT44 on Es would
      probably be no problem if there is an opening. Most weak signal
      stations on 2 meters will be horizontally polarized and the -20dB
      loss from cross polarization would probably limit Gern to working
      stations with vertical antennas. Gern, why not turn that 3 element
      horizontal and retune it? SSB and weak signal digital are more fun
      than FM and packet anyways, Hi! I'd be glad to try to work 6 meters,
      it's only ~750 miles so we might be able to do it. There are other
      stations active on WSJT modes in OR,WA,ID,WY,MT and BC, some stations
      there might be able to work 2 meters as well. GL

      Brian KC7OTV CN84 Eugene, OR

      I am