Re: [wsjtgroup] Comments on the JT65A and Olivia contests

  • Dave hartzell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
      Yes, lets do it again QRP (1-5 watts)!

      I only had RX capability on Jan 1, but I saw WSJT activity with my
      ft-817 and a whip antenna!

      73,

      Dave
      n0tgd

      On Jan 3, 2008 1:00 PM, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

      > A 5 W limit would be fine. It has the advantage that it's the same as
      > the usual limit for "QRP class" in other contests.
    • agm54uk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2008
        Hi All

        Where are the advanced features within WSJT (JT65A) where you can
        decode several signals at once, I have looked but could not find.

        This feature would be very useful If I could find it !!.

        Andy
        G8RZA

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

        > Hi Andy and all,
        >
        > Andrew O'Brien (K3UK) wrote:
        >
        > > Both Olivia and JT65A contests were considered "tough".
        Activity was,
        > > according to early reports, higher in the JT65A mode .
        > >
        > > Several JT65A WSJT users had difficulty handing a "pile-up "
        (There
        > > are some advanced features within WSJT where you can decode
        several
        > > signals at once, but perhaps people do not know this).
        > > As for the comments that the contest was "tough", that was
        expected.
        > > The experimental contests take a lot of patience.
        > >
        > > JT65A as implemented in WSJT is not at all designed for
        conventional
        > > contesting. Today's results are helpful for analyzing how contests
        > > with JT65A could be conducted in the future (if at all!).
        >
        > At the risk of stating the obvious: JT65 was designed for EME and
        EME