Sequencer trips breaker when amp keys, help please

  • billdz.geo
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2007
      Just got an SSB preamp and sequencer for 2 meters, but there seems to
      be a problem. With the sequencer on line, the breaker on the power
      supply trips every time the amp is keyed. This does not happen if the
      amp is on standby, and it does not happen if the sequencer is not
      connected. What could be wrong?

      Here's my setup: Astron RS-35M power supply, IC-7000 transceiver,
      Tokyo Hy-Power amp, SSB DCW15-B sequencer, SSB SP-2000 preamp.

      One thing I noticed, don't know if it is relevant: the sequencer adds
      about 2 ohms of resistance to the amp keying line (0.5 ohms when the
      line is connected directly from the xcvr, 2.5 ohms when connected
      through the sequencer).

      Does the sequencer need a separate power supply, or what?

      Thanks for any advice,
      73, Bill NZ5N