Portable/laptop clock syncing with GPS

  • Bob Poortinga
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      I know that this issue has been discussed in the past, but I recently
      discovered another option in this regard.

      I know that Bruce, who runs mobile WSJT a lot, uses a GPS and the NMEATime
      software to sync his laptop clock. I was doing some APRS work this last
      weekend using my laptop in my car and found that UI-View32 (a free APRS
      client for Windows) contains an option that when enabled syncs your laptop
      clock with the GPS clock signal. I recently purchased an inexpensive USB
      GPS receiver (Navibe GM720, about $35 US) to use with UI-View32 and it does
      the job nicely.

      73 de
      --
      Bob Poortinga K9SQL