11/17/2007 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin, N5SIX
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2007
      All we need is another acronym but... I get a number of reports along
      the line of "tried not complete with" or "part way with " so I propose
      using 'TNC' in the summaries for them tried, not complete. We don't
      mean 'terminal node controller' - hi.

      You might watch for W3UUM/5 on 6m during RH this morning. Matt has been
      working a number of guys on his portable set up from EL07 this holiday
      weekend.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      AF4O - heard WA8CLT, AB3BK CQ and WE9Y
      KA3BPN - Heard WA0KBZ U3
      WA5UFH - Heard WA8CLT, N5SIX, AB3BK and KE7NR
      KI0LE - Worked WA3LTB and W6OUU, heard AB3BK, WA8CLT, WE9Y, KC0HLN
      and KA3BPN
      AB3BK - Heard KI0LE, AF4O and N5SIX
      N5SIX - TNC AB3BK, heard WE9Y and WA5UFH

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      AF4O - Worked WA5UFH, heard AB3BK, WB9IIV, N5SIX and N3TAD
      WB3BEL - CWNR WB9IIV, heard WB9F, N5SIX, N1MNU, AF4O, N3TAD, N3RN and K3RWR
      KA3BPN - N1MNU
      WA5UFH - Worked KC0HLN and AF4O, CWNR WB9F, heard N5SIX, K8MD and W9SE
      AB3BK - Worked WB9F, heard WB9IIV, AF4O and KC0HLN
      VE7IRA - Worked W6OUU
      N5SIX - TNC WB9IIV, heard KC0HLN, WA5UFH, AF4O b/s and AB3BK

      Better rocks today. (Like in 30 minutes!) Bruce, N5SIX
    • Barry Garratt
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007

        Hello all,

        A group of us out here in the west are planning on activating a few grid squares on MS and EME this coming season.
        We will be on active on 6 and 2 meters with preamps, big antennas and 1 Kw amplifiers.
        We are thinking of doing a test run in the spring from perhaps DM57 but this isn't chiseled in stone.
        There are States like NE and ND that haven't been active in quite sometime so we are looking at activating them if there is enough interest.
        We need some input though from all of you so we can plan a productive road trip later on.

        What grids/States are on your most wanted list?

        Respond to the list so others will know of your needs.

        There doesn't seem to be a list anywhere so all of your responses will be put into a database that can perhaps be posted on a website at a later date.

        That would be a big help to other rovers planning trips.

        The group of "Super 7's" by the way will be Jim W60UU, Jim KS7S, Doug K7IP and Barry VE3CDX/W7

        Thanks in advance!

        73,

        The Super 7's Team
      • Mark M
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          Barry, I have attached a copy of the Six Meter Final Grid report of a
          survey of the most needed grids that was conducted last fall. Not sure
          if it will make it out to the reflector , hopefully you will get it, and
          you can at least share it with the Super 7's Team. It should give you
          an idea what is needed from the entire USA 6 meter op's perspective.
          There are a number of "HOT" needed grids out west here. These reflect a
          number of the ones that I could use, and many others, on six as well.
          Two meter QSO's from these same grids would be greatly appreciated by
          all as well. Not to mention 222 and 432 Mhz QSO's. I am getting ahead
          of myself as well now. Once you guys get your feet on the ground and
          find that you have time and may need equipment for other bands, please
          do not hesitate to ask both the reflector and myself.

          73, Mark, Ku7z
          DN41af
          Northern UT (NUT)