First VUCC/R Awarded

  • Brad Pioveson W9FX
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007
      At his request, I am posting the following on behalf of Joe, K9KNW:

      -- -- --

      "I'm happy to announce that the first two meter VUCC/Reverse award,
      #144-001,
      has been issued to K9KNW. This award is issued by the
      Central States VHF Society and requires the operator to provide proof of
      confirmed contacts, the contacts having been made while the station was
      operated from within the confines of 100 different grid squares. It's
      VUCC - in reverse, in other words.

      The VUCC/R award is not mode specific but, in this case, the 100 grids from
      which K9KNW operated were all meteor scatter QSO's, and all were completed
      using FSK441, one of the modes included in the WSJT software suite. In that
      regard, I owe a special thank you to Joe, K1JT. Also, a vote of thanks goes
      to N0PB for helping to keep me organized and for all the encouragement Phil
      provided during thousands of miles of travel. Check N0PB's web site for a
      map of grids K9KNW worked from http://n0pb.mystarband.net/k9knw.html

      Finally, thanks to all of you who were (and are!) operating 144 MHz meteor
      scatter.thanks for the activity.but, most of all, thanks for the fun!

      Joe Goggin, K9KNW"
    • Randy Tipton
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
        Joe, Congratulations...
        We all knew you were close and finally doing it must be a great
        accomplishment. It has been fun following you around and chasing the grids
        and new initials as you accomplished the VUCC/ Reverse.

        Was also nice visiting with you and the xyl while in EL18 passing south of
        town here; Joe is a great guy, meet him if you have the chance in his
        travels.

        Good luck and I wonder who will be next, Maybe Russ?

        Randy Tipton (Tip)
        WA5UFH EL19pa
        778 CR 123
        Edna , Texas 77957