Decoding Tutorial

  • rrrav@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
      Hi,I am new to the group and trying to set-up the software.I have been trying to download the Decoding Tutorial mentioned in WSJT6 users guide as available at http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT6 Samples.EXE.I consistently get error 404 from AOL...URL not found on this server.Tried several permutaions of the address given..no luck.
      Anybody know if the address has changed or is the tutorial no longer available?
      73 all..Ron G4CFW.
    • Bruce Brackin, N5SIX
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
        Ron - Try these. Joe had to move some things around several months ago.
        You probably have some old links.

        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.htm - Main (opening)
        WSJT page
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/Download.htm - Main download page
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/Tutorial.txt - plain text
        instructions
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT6_Samples.EXE - should open
        a "Save To" window

        GL - Bruce, N5SIX
      • Harry Popov
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
          В пт, 2007-11-09 в 05:29 -0500, rrrav@... написа:
          > Hi,I am new to the group and trying to set-up the software.I have been
          > trying to download the Decoding Tutorial mentioned in WSJT6 users
          > guide as available at http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT6
          > Samples.EXE.I consistently get error 404 from AOL...URL not found on
          > this server.Tried several permutaions of the address given..no luck.

          Ron,

          Try this one:
          http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT6_Samples.EXE

          73, Harry LZ1BB
        • Harry Popov
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
            My apogies. For unknown reasons previous message was send several times.

            Well, the new home page of WSJT is:
            http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.htm

            The tutorial itself:
            http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/Tutorial.txt

            And the examples:
            http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT6_Samples.EXE

            For Linux and FreeBSD users examples file:
            http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT6_Samples.tgz

            73, Harry LZ1BB

            В пт, 2007-11-09 в 15:07 +0200, Harry Popov написа:

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2007
              Ron --

              The WSJT Home Page was relocated some months ago. Go to the
              new WSJT Download Page and download it from there. The
              direct link is

              http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT6_Samples.EXE

              -- 73, Joe, K1JT

            • rrrav@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2007
                Hi all,many thanks to Joe K1JT,Bruce N5SIX and Harry LZ1BB for their replies both in the digest and direct to my query on the location of the Tutorial Files.I have downloaded and installed the files and got the tutorials going so I can pore over them this weekend.
                Next giant step will be to find a signal on HF!!
                73....Ron....G4CFW.
              • Russ K2TXB
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 11, 2007

                  WOW Joe! Fantastic. Someday I hope to be joining you on the road.

                  73 & keep up the excellent work...

                  Russ K2TXB