3/22/2003 Random QSO Hour (Unassisted Hour) Summary/Report

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 5:29 PM
      Following is a tabulation of reports received during the week for
      activity on 2 and 6m during 3/22/03 Random Hour. No real specific order
      - just the general oder mail came to me.

      Reporting
      Station (2m)
      AC5TM - worked NJ0U heard K1JT (calling W5SNX)
      AF4O - heard WA3LTB, N2JMH, K1JT, W5SNX
      N2JMH - heard NJ0U, W5SNX, N0PB and WA3LTB, K1JT (locals)
      NJ0U - worked WA3LTB (JT44 tropo), AC5TM, heard WA5UFH
      W5SNX - worked K1JT, heard AC5TM
      K1JT - worked W5SNX, contact/not complete with AF4O, N0PB, heard
      NE7O, AC5TM, K4FJW, WA4LTB
      K4FJW - heard K1JT
      N0PB - heard K1JT, AC5TM, W5SNX, WA3LTB, N2JMH
      WA3LTB - worked NJ0U (JT44 tropo), heard AF4O, W5SNX, N2JMH (tropo)

      Reporting
      Station (6m)
      W5DN - heard N0PB, WA5UFH, W5SNX, K4FJW, KD5IUG/WA5UFH AND KB6FQ
      (weak Es ??)
      W9ULF - none heard
      K7BV/1 - worked K1JT, contact/not complete with K4FJW, heard N0PB,
      W5SNX, K1SIX
      K1SIX - worked K4FJW, N0PB heard K1JT, W5SNX (partial) and KD5IUG
      K1JT - worked K7BV/1, WA2NXX (both tropo) contact/not complete
      W5SNX, K4FJW, heard K1SIX and N0PB
      K4FJW - worked K1SIX, contact/not complete K7BV/1, K1JT, heard W5KI
      and WA5UFH
      N0PB - worked WA5UFH, heard, K1JT, W5SNX, W5KI, K7BV/1, N7CZ,
      K1SIX, K4FJW AND KB4FQ
      W5KI - heard K1JT, N0PB, K4FJW AND K7BV/1
      KD5IUG - worked WA5FUH, heard K4FJW and W9ULF (right at end of hour on B/S)

      Thanks to the many that sent these reports. Several new "faces" this
      past week. Main activity the first few weeks was down eastern coast and
      wrapping around the Gulf into Texas. As we gain new participates (as we
      apparently are), we need to remember to look in more directions. Lots
      of people hearing lots of people calling out there. Need more on from
      the upper mid-west and to the west in general. Help spread the word.

      CU all in the AM. BTW - I will be mobile with 6m in EM42, EM53, and
      EM54 on road to Memphis Saturday AM so watch for KD5IUG/M possible as
      eary as 1230z FSK441 works best for mobile ops. Weather and traffic
      will dictate how much I will be on. I will certaining be monitoring
      50.270 along the way.

      I will not be near net to remind/ask folks to send their reports to me
      at end of Random Hour, so if someone could do that at the end of each
      hour, I would appreciate it.

      73 - Bruce, KD5IUG