DM780

  • n7hd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2007
      I've noticed some dialog from Simon Brown about inclusion of JT65A
      into HDR's DM780. I don't know how others feel about this, but I have
      some concerns. I use DM780 frequently and feel it is one of the best
      out there for conversational data modes. JT65A isn't a ragchew mode by
      any stretch of the imagination, and requires a different skill set
      then the other modes. Hopefully Simon will encourage DM780 users to
      read the WSJT manual, or Bozo's guide, before attempting to operate in
      the JT65A mode.

      Ron, N7HD
    • Simon Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2007
        Oh yes, this will be very different to what you currently see in DM780.

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV

        > I've noticed some dialog from Simon Brown about inclusion of JT65A
        > into HDR's DM780. I don't know how others feel about this, but I have
        > some concerns. I use DM780 frequently and feel it is one of the best
        > out there for conversational data modes. JT65A isn't a ragchew mode by
        > any stretch of the imagination, and requires a different skill set
        > then the other modes. Hopefully Simon will encourage DM780 users to
        > read the WSJT manual, or Bozo's guide, before attempting to operate in
        > the JT65A mode.
      • Simon Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2007
          FWIW I am batting along with this project, DM780 has a special WSJT screen
          where the WSJT modes have their own dedicated UI and support interface
          rather than using the PSK / RTTY / ... interface.

          Given fair winds and calm seas I hope to have a QSO by the end of November,
          however the arrival of a K3 at the 'DRV pigsty may add an extra week to the
          timescales.

          Simon Brown, HB9DRV