antennas compared

  • wa1vta01452
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hi,

      could anyone out there tell me whether an M2 18XXX, 36 ft boom, would
      materially improve reception over my present KLM 16LBX with 28 ft
      boom? I am not convinced that the additional 1/2db or so, and almost
      same E-plane side-lobe pattern (-17db on the LBX and -19db on the
      18XXX) would make a significant difference particularly in EME. Any
      thoughts are appreciated...If I should be asking this somewhere else,
      pls let me know.

      Tom
    • drlee6530
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
        Seems to me a wast of money for 1/2 DB. I do not change unless it is too
        old an does not work
        or I find I have more money than brains, but1/2 DB yoe will not even
        knowtice any difference!

        Dr Dana-Renee Lee PhD