Re: [wsjtgroup] Azimuth Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3 10:45 AM
      Hi Steve,

      Over a short distance (i.e., much less than the radius of the Earth) the
      "reciprocal beam heading" is, indeed, close to 180 deg away from the
      direct heading. Over larger distances, however, this is no longer true.
      To convince yourself of this fact, try taking a globe in your hands
      and use a stretched string or rubber band to connect your QTH to some DX
      location. Try, for example, a path from your QTH to South Africa. This
      path is nearly due east from you; but it is nowhere near due west when
      you look from the ZS end ...

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT