changing default templates for messages?

  • ka9cfd
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      I would like to add my grid on to the default CQ call message template.
      Is there a way to do this without having to enter the grid each time I
      restart WSJT? I tried putting it in the options window for Tx 6 but it
      does not remember it.

      73 Jay KA9CFD
    • Bruce Brackin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        Jay - use the %G

        i.e. for message 6: CQ %M %G (%M puts in your call and %G grid)

        In the mobile and moving around, grids change. I use grid for report so
        I plug current grid in report box and have the cq set as: CQ D7 %M %R
        That way I don't have to open options window to change grid.

        GL Bruce, N5SIX
      • ka9cfd
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
          My problem seems to be when I switch between sending grids and
          reports. As soon as I click the reset defaults button, it reverts
          back to CQ %M in the Tx 6 message. Maybe I am missing something, is
          there another way to switch between reports and grids other than
          going to the options window and clicking on reset defaults after
          making the change? This seems to be the easiest way other than
          manually typing in the appropriate Tx messages in the main window.

          73 Jay KA9CFD