follow up - RF and Rotor and another ???

  • tcamil23
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2007
      Thanks to everyone who provided some thoughts and all responses were
      correct in the issue not being RF - in getting the beam down and after
      careful inspection found the rotor cable shorting to the case.

      I am in the process of getting things back together to move it all
      back up.

      I presentely have a 10 ele/12 ft boom (cushcraft A14810S mounted
      horizontally) I have carried over to this beam a small coil of
      feedline (about 4 turns in a 6 inch diameter) mounted about 6 inches
      before the feedpoint to the stub - is this coil beneficial with the
      yagi in any way?

      Without the weight of the coil the antenna seems to be more balanced
      (weightwise) and if the coil is not necessary would prefer not to put
      it back. I seem to remember reading somewhere for some antennas this
      coil was helpful, but cannot find the reference or any references for
      Yagis.

      thanks again and hope to see you on the air soon!

      73'

      Tony C - KA3BPN