JT65A and 20 m

  • zl1gbb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hi
      New user of jt65a here. Steep learning curve but I have used other
      digital modes so not too bad.
      I have been monitoring 14076 and it seems I may be picking up either
      QRM or another Digital Mode. I would be interested in knowing which.
      Right on 14076, I receive a group of regularly spaced signals, which
      spread right across the waterfall. They are there constantly. Thought
      at first it was something in the shack but after going around and
      shutting everything off still there. Even shut off the computer but
      signal strength did not drop on the radio 'S' meter.
      I suspect QRM since I live in town. But I have wondered if there may
      be some form of spread spectrum mode using the same frequency? Has
      anyone seen or heard of anything like this?

      Graeme zl1gbb
    • Grover Cleveland
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2007
        Message
        Group,

        I cannot find anywhere (although I have looked until my eyes are red) the definition of  "R26" and "R27".
        It makes no sense to me.

        Thanks for your help,

        Grover K7TP
      • CT1EKD
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2007

          Grover

          The report system Rxx is used in the meteor QSO MODE, so not very comom in JT65A , more in the FSK and JT6M modes.

          Anyway here it is:

          Report consist in 2 numbers

          First number(sinal duration) 2: up to 5 seconds

          Second number(sinal stength)

          6: up to S3

          For more details look for meteor procedures or MS procedures.

          R means that you receive the report.

          Wellcome

          Pedro – CT1EKD