Re: [wsjtgroup] Dipole on WSJT???

  • Jacob Tennant
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2002
      Neighbors a real suspicious now and I think for safety sake the dipole would be the best bet.

      I have a home made loop (K0FF) and it didn't cut the mustard, never could get it to tune up real good.

      Also had a 3element beam that I had been using when trying to work you before but ice storm trashed it.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2002
        Yes, it is possible. I only have a vertical. I have not
        been very successful, but I have fun trying.
        Jim W7ANF

        > Well I got the 6element beam finished and put it up at about 25feet
        > and it seemed to work really nice. HOWEVER, my neighbors complained
        > about it to the landlord and he requested that I remove it as he felt
        > it was a hazard to the other trailers if it fell down.
        >
        > Therefore, I am looking at going to a dipole so as to get the most
        > height I can 30'.
        >
        > Has anyone ran WSJT using such a simple, low gain antenna? Was still
        > going to bump up to 150watts soon also...
        >
        > 73's Jacob Tennant-K8JWT(FM09ap)

      • pnkay2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
          Jacob,

          Similar to yourself, I have restrictions in my lease which prevents
          any outside antennas.

          I have had some resonable success using a pair of phased Halos from
          M2 on 2 Metres and a single M2 Halo on 6 Metres situated in my loft /
          attic. Roof tiles are made of concrete.
          I have completed WSJT QSO's on 2 Metres with stations upto 1000 miles
          away running 100 Watts from the IC-746.

          Also have a pair of phased Halos on 70 cms but yet to attempt WSJT on
          this band yet..hi.

          Hope this helps in your quest and the Halos are very unobtrusive.

          73's de Peter, G0KUX.