DX worked

  • george G4PCI
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007

      Hi all

      odd day on Saturday  only 2 long dx worked

      FM5JC on JT6m  who also worked a few other UK stations
      PZ8ZX on JT65 who i could not hear on CW/SSB but worked @-14 on WSJT but not heard
      when he changed to JT6m

      seem to me that we need to look to using JT65 a bit more using ver 5.9.7 and doing the same as the HF qso's

      best of luck
      73
      George
      G4PCI
    • QRX
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
        I'd been working JT65A on 14.076 Mhz for over 2 months.-

        73  Mirel

        VK2BOD

        odd day on Saturday  only 2 long dx worked

        FM5JC on JT6m  who also worked a few other UK stations
        PZ8ZX on JT65 who i could not hear on CW/SSB but worked @-14 on WSJT but not heard
        when he changed to JT6m

        seem to me that we need to look to using JT65 a bit more using ver 5.9.7 and doing the same as the HF qso's

        best of luck
        73
        George
        G4PCI

      • Andrew G8GNI / M5AEX
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
          Hi

          I am a real newbie to this and haven't had a qso with wsjt yet - still trying to work it all out.

          I assume the 6m contacts are meteor scatter?

          I was wondering about the 20m contacts of yours Mirel.  Are these 'point to point' qso's or is meteor scatter involved here.

          And if they are point to point do you set up a schedule beforehand?

          Sorry about the naive questions but if you don't ask, you don't learn!

          73

          Andrew G8GNI / M5AEX

          I'd been working JT65A on 14.076 Mhz for over 2 months.-

          73  Mirel

          VK2BOD

          odd day on Saturday  only 2 long dx worked

          FM5JC on JT6m  who also worked a few other UK stations
          PZ8ZX on JT65 who i could not hear on CW/SSB but worked @-14 on WSJT but not heard
          when he changed to JT6m

          seem to me that we need to look to using JT65 a bit more using ver 5.9.7 and doing the same as the HF qso's

          best of luck
          73
          George
          G4PCI

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Andrew O'Brien
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
            Andrew.  On HF the mode used is mostly JT65A and there are usually  "point-to point" terrestrial signals via normal propagation.   Many people just call CQ around 14076 USB but a lot of people use the the N0UK web site at http://www.chris.org/cgi-bin/jt65talk to  coordinate a schedule.

            Most of the activity on 6M is meteor scatter with occasional E layer QSOs.  It is usually J65M or FFSK441 on 6M and above.

            For some beginners info on HF use of JT65A, see my article at

            http://www.obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm

            Have fun,

            Andy K3UK

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
              Hi Andrew, the contacts on 14.176 are all point to point.-
              I had already more than 50 QSOs using that mode on HF.-
              And worked already all continents with the exception of South América.-
              And you can have a 100% QSO even when you don't hear the other station.-

              73 and good luck.
              Mirel    VK2BOD