tropo on 6m

  • David Michael Gaytkko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      can anyone here definitively describe tropo on 6m, and how to recognize
      it. seems like many use this term in error quite a bit.

      it would seem to me that scatter in the tropo sphere is not real tropo
      prop (extended range). tropo prop would seem to be extended much further
      than the tropo scatter with stronger and less distorted sigs. as is
      noted on 2m and up there is quite a distinction in the sig quality on 2m
      tropo scatter and what usually ends up as tropo ducting.

      david/wd4kpd