Station bulding

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      The ARRL Atlantic Division Hamfest in Rochester NY today turned out to
      be a good step in the building of my MS station . Based on the
      feedback from this group a few weeks ago, I set out today to improve
      my feed line situation that is mainly designed for HF work. I was
      successful in getting some LMR 400 at a very good price and some 4XL
      at a good price. I also bought a 12 element 70cm Yagi in good shape
      for $5.00 and two supposedly working rotors with control boxes for
      $2.50 each! I have not tested the rotors yet but , heck... if they
      don't work ...just the U bolts on them will be useful to me.

      Add the above to the free 12 element 2M Yagi that I got a couple of
      weeks ago, and I think I am moving in the right direction. I've been
      doing 6M MS via the armstrong method, hopefully in the next few days
      I'll be able to aim a little easier.

      Andy K3UK