Example of JT6M Averaging...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003

      Here is a decoded message using the new JT6M mode from a single meteor scatter ping… Note it appears to be all garbage characters but the average decoded message appeared right below it…. Amazing….

      202430 12.5  3.1 -14  -28       WAIIF66YKXA?UGWHYU6HS 70OJS W85UQHXR903CNVWP

      202430           -13  -28        K0AWU WA5UFH

      There appears to be some value in the averaging portion of the application.

      Even though I received several other pings which did decode with out the averaging feature, this is good BC’s ! I have seen the averaging also work on a few other pings to decode 73 and reports where the message did not decode without the averaging.

      The above averaged decoded signal was automatic, no clicking on the ping / green line. This seems to be a very neat feature Joe has implemented.

      Randy Tipton WA5UFH (Tip)
      Edna, Texas EL19pa
      Email            : wa5ufh@...

      HomePage    : www.qsl.net/wa5ufh