Re: [wsjtgroup] Dipole on WSJT???

  • Andrew T. Flowers
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2002
      Make sure you can make it horizonatlly polarized. BTW, I'm willing to be a
      dipole would work on 2m with a 100w on an easy path with a big station.

      Andy K0SM (home in EN10 in about 1.5 weeks!)

      --On Wednesday, March 06, 2002, 3:52 PM +0000 jacobtennant
      <jacobtennant@...> wrote:

      > Well I got the 6element beam finished and put it up at about 25feet
      > and it seemed to work really nice. HOWEVER, my neighbors complained
      > about it to the landlord and he requested that I remove it as he felt
      > it was a hazard to the other trailers if it fell down.
      >
      > Therefore, I am looking at going to a dipole so as to get the most
      > height I can 30'.
      >
      > Has anyone ran WSJT using such a simple, low gain antenna? Was still
      > going to bump up to 150watts soon also...
      >
      > 73's Jacob Tennant-K8JWT(FM09ap)

    • Jacob Tennant
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2002
        Neighbors a real suspicious now and I think for safety sake the dipole would be the best bet.

        I have a home made loop (K0FF) and it didn't cut the mustard, never could get it to tune up real good.

        Also had a 3element beam that I had been using when trying to work you before but ice storm trashed it.
        Sorry to hear about your non-understanding neighbors. Jacob, I have used a folded dipole, halo, before on six meters. I used it offshore on an oil producing platform where I worked south of New Orleans and it worked well into Ms, Al and La. I don't ever remember working any scatter of it but I heard some meteor pings on it. I also used a halo for a mobile antenna on a truck for several years. Mine was homemade with a gamma match. Do you dare try this?  3 elements on a 36" boom might be a good choice. It is small, easily mistaken for a TV antenna and would still give you a little gain. Good luck
        Randy

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2002
          Yes, it is possible. I only have a vertical. I have not
          been very successful, but I have fun trying.
          Jim W7ANF

          > Well I got the 6element beam finished and put it up at about 25feet
          > and it seemed to work really nice. HOWEVER, my neighbors complained
          > about it to the landlord and he requested that I remove it as he felt
          > it was a hazard to the other trailers if it fell down.
          >
          > Therefore, I am looking at going to a dipole so as to get the most
          > height I can 30'.
          >
          > Has anyone ran WSJT using such a simple, low gain antenna? Was still
          > going to bump up to 150watts soon also...
          >
          > 73's Jacob Tennant-K8JWT(FM09ap)

        • pnkay2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
            Jacob,

            Similar to yourself, I have restrictions in my lease which prevents
            any outside antennas.

            I have had some resonable success using a pair of phased Halos from
            M2 on 2 Metres and a single M2 Halo on 6 Metres situated in my loft /
            attic. Roof tiles are made of concrete.
            I have completed WSJT QSO's on 2 Metres with stations upto 1000 miles
            away running 100 Watts from the IC-746.

            Also have a pair of phased Halos on 70 cms but yet to attempt WSJT on
            this band yet..hi.

            Hope this helps in your quest and the Halos are very unobtrusive.

            73's de Peter, G0KUX.