N5AC HSMS Rally Rover Plans

  • Stephen Hicks, N5AC
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2007
      I will be operating 6m Rover @400W during the contest although I do not know which hours I will operate yet.  I have an NTMS Meeting from 12-4 CDT on Saturday so I will NOT bo on during those hours.  I will start in EM13qc Saturday morning and may venture out to other grids, but I'm not sure when or where (hey, it IS a random contest, right?).

      To find out where my truck is during the contest, consult this website:

      If two addresses show up, N5AC-10 is sent from VHF and is generally the most up to date location (it will say how old).  But N5AC will be sent some from HF and may have comments about where I am heading next, etc.  If you need to send me email, I will be checking HF email frequently: N5AC at winlink -dot- org, but please read the rules and do not send me email that would violate the spirit of the rules.

      I plan to be on just 6m, listening and calling using the U/D method using primarily FSK441, but I will also listen and respond to JT6M.

      I will not answer any calls on the calling frequencies per the rules except
      to attempt to QSY you to another frequency.

      I will use single tones for RRR's & 73 unless I know the frequency is being
      shared with another qso. If that happens I will use standard RH messages.

      Tail-ending a contact is FB here, please call me any time during an attempt
      and when I complete with that station we will call you.

      Good luck to all in the contest, I look forward to hearing your pings.

      Steve (N5AC) [Thanks for the good template, Randy!]

      Stephen Hicks, N5AC, AAR6AM  EM13qc

      469-576-7488 cell
      n5ac@...     aar6am@...