04/28/2007 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2007
      Here's hoping for good conditions tomorrow and the rest of the weekend
      for the NAHSMS Random Contact Only Rally this weekend. There will not
      be a formal random hour this week - we get a random weekend!

      Be sure to review the rules at
      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/2007SpringRules.htm. Contest starts at
      1300z. One big difference from normal RH is no qso's on the calling
      freqs. You must use the Up/Down method with your CQ. Maybe we wont
      have too many with PJ withdrawal symptoms! I hope to see many of you
      from several grids I plain to hit in a run and gun try over the weekend.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WB9IIV - Worked WA5UFH and W5UWB
      W5UWB - Worked WB9IIV, heard WA5UFH local
      KE7NR - Nada
      KI0LE - Heard AF4O and N9XG
      WA5UFH - Worked WB9IIV D5, CWNR K4DXA and heard N9XG
      AF4O - KI0LE partial
      K8TL - Worked WA3LTB tropo, heard KI0LE CQ
      N5SIX - Tried W5UWB (fat fingered the VFO on his D8), heard WB9IIV and KI0LE

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W5UWB - Heard WA5UFH local
      W9SE - Worked KT2Q
      KE7NR - Worked W6OUU, WA5UFH and KC6ZWT
      KI0LE - Heard N5SIX, W9SE and K4YRK
      WA5UFH - Worked KE7NR and AF4O, CWNR W9SE, heard KI0LE, N5SIX and AG4ZE
      AF4O - Worked WA5UFH, heard N5SIX and AG4EZ
      K8TL - Worked N5SIX, heard KT2Q and AF4O
      N5SIX - Worked K8TL and KT2Q, CWNR K4YRK, heard AG4EZ and AF4O b/s

      Better rocks this weekend for the RCO! Bruce, N5SIX