KM5ES

  • wa3ltb@juno.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2007

             I am in shock!  John had one of the few stations I could work almost any day of the year.  He worked hard to improve his station over the past year or so and the way his signal blasted in here it really paid off. John was a shining light for the VHF group and for his love of its different propagation modes including Meteor Scatter!

           My sympathy to his family and friends...he will be missed!

      Terry.........WA3LTB

    • Mike H
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2007
        John was an accomplished meteor scatter operator with an outstanding 2-m
        signal from Oklahoma. This is indeed a sad day for us.

        Mike WB2FKO
      • Dave Witucki [N8OC]
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2007

          I don’t even know where to start here  ……   John was one of the first stations I ever worked once I got my ticket back in the HSCW days, and was one of the reasons I started spending so much of my ‘radio time’ chasing MS on 2 and 6M, one of the reasons I went for the vanity extra call (short, easy to copy on HSCW), ….      We’ve worked more times than I can count, and have had many enjoyable, long 6M QSO’s.     John was always there for my grid dxpeditions ‘up North’ and will be missed greatly.   Rest in Peace, OM.

          Dave  N8OC.

        • Ira Franklin
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2007
            It is with great sadness that I hear of John's passing, as others have said he was a great asset to our hobby and I enjoyed many contacts with him. My prayers are with his family and friends.
            Rest in peace John, you go to a better place
            Ira K4YMQ

            with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.