KM5ES

  • Lee Kemp
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2007
      I am deeply sadden to report to you all that John Petersen, KM5ES suddenly passed away today at his home in Eufaula, Oklahoma
      John was 49 years old.

      Lee
      N5TIF
      SWOT#3319
      6M VUCC
      2M VUCC

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2007
        Hi Lee,

        This is indeed very sad news. I never met John face-to-face,
        but considered him a great friend nevertheless. He put many
        tireless hours into helping me test pre-release versions of
        WSJT, especially its meteor-scatter modes. He will be greatly
        missed.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      • w5uwb2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2007
          Lee:

          What a shock and I am deeply saddened to hear this. Condolences to his family.

          73 - John  W5UWB

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • AG2A

            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2007

                     I am in shock!  John had one of the few stations I could work almost any day of the year.  He worked hard to improve his station over the past year or so and the way his signal blasted in here it really paid off. John was a shining light for the VHF group and for his love of its different propagation modes including Meteor Scatter!

                   My sympathy to his family and friends...he will be missed!

              Terry.........WA3LTB

            • Mike H
              Message 6 of 9 , May 4, 2007
                John was an accomplished meteor scatter operator with an outstanding 2-m
                signal from Oklahoma. This is indeed a sad day for us.

                Mike WB2FKO
              • Dave Witucki [N8OC]
                Message 7 of 9 , May 4, 2007

                  I don’t even know where to start here  ……   John was one of the first stations I ever worked once I got my ticket back in the HSCW days, and was one of the reasons I started spending so much of my ‘radio time’ chasing MS on 2 and 6M, one of the reasons I went for the vanity extra call (short, easy to copy on HSCW), ….      We’ve worked more times than I can count, and have had many enjoyable, long 6M QSO’s.     John was always there for my grid dxpeditions ‘up North’ and will be missed greatly.   Rest in Peace, OM.

                  Dave  N8OC.

                • Ira Franklin
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 4, 2007
                    It is with great sadness that I hear of John's passing, as others have said he was a great asset to our hobby and I enjoyed many contacts with him. My prayers are with his family and friends.
                    Rest in peace John, you go to a better place
                    Ira K4YMQ

                    with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.