222MHz HSMS Calling Frequency

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      Based on the input from eleven 222MHz operators, the WSJTGROUP is going to
      post the HSMS Calling Frequency as 222.085 MHz. This will be posted on the
      WSJTGROUP / Ping Jockey Webpages and can be used during contests and
      activity periods.

      Eleven stations responded with only one station reporting a "bird" on .085.
      Six stations preferred .085 over 222.065. Three stations had no preference
      between the two choices.

      I am sure those who have assembled a 222MHz station would like to see new
      activity. For those of us who have the means, we should consider taking the
      step to 222 since FSK441 contacts are possible. (Meteor scatter is fun on
      any band!)

      The HSMS Calling Frequency will be posted in the next few days unless there
      are some late votes / "killer concerns".

      Randy Tipton (WA5UFH)