Re: [wsjtgroup] D4 Problem

  • Harry Popov
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11 7:04 AM
      On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 09:55 -0400, Tom Provost wrote:
      > Can anyone point me in the right direction? My d4 won't sync up

      Try to switch off your firewall if you use one. I guess the nttp port is
      blocked by it on your machine.

      73, Harry LZ1BB
    • Harry Popov
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11 7:07 AM
        On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 09:55 -0400, Tom Provost wrote:
        > Can anyone point me in the right direction? My d4 won't sync up

        Try to switch off your firewall if you use one. I guess the nttp port is
        blocked by it on your machine.

        If this does not help please tell us do you have equal Windows versions
        on both computers? And if no which one what?

        73, Harry LZ1BB
      • Russ K2TXB
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11 1:43 PM
          Tom, the first thing I would do is to start up a command window and see if DNS is working correctly on that machine.  Try pinging a web host by name and see if it can find the proper ip address.  For instance "ping google.com", should work.  If not then your DNS setup on that computer is not working and you need to fix it before D4 can work.  You also can test to see if pinging any of the time servers listed in D4 will work.

          Maybe this will help.

          Good luck, Russ K2TXB

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12 6:09 PM
            I had the same trouble when using the WinXP machine.  I found out that there is an updated version of D4 for XP which you can easily set the fire wall to alow access to the internet.  Check for and install the newer verison for XP and you'll be in good shape.  73, Bill, WF4R