RE: [wsjtgroup] June VHF Contest Activity Hour(s)?

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2007
      John asked: is there any activity hour(s)
      > for FSK441A on 6M, 2M, 222 and 432?

      John the following was proposed however in the past it appears most stations
      have attempted to make schedules for the ARRL contests. This proposed
      procedure was recommended for January and September contests. These
      procedures are buried in the group webpages and probably need to be updated
      / improved to fit current needs. (They have not been widely accepted)

      Snip:
      Operating Hints For ARRL January & September Contests...

      For the ARRL VHF Contests the WSJTGROUP recommends the following
      as an alternative to schedules for meteor scatter contest qso's. Single band
      stations can use both
      even or odd hours but should expect more activity during the designated
      hour.

      Contest Even Hours:
      First 30 minutes for calling / listening using FSK441 on 50.260 MHz.

      Contest Odd Hours:
      First 30 minutes for calling / listening using FSK441 144.140MHz.

      Procedures: (Grids as Reports!)
      1. The suggested methods of calling CQ's on the call frequency are: (A)
      using the Up | Dn procedure where contacts
      are completed off the call frequencies or (B) calling cq's and completing
      qso's on the call frequency. (see note below)
      2. All are encouraged to continue qso's in progress after the window
      expires. (Take as long as is needed to make a completion!)
      3. Tail-ending is encouraged during and after the random window has expired.

      4. QSY to another band is encouraged. Send QSY information with 73 or RRR
      messages. (RRR 266 RRR 266 or 73 QSY 266)
      5. It is suggested that all stations use the "Random Hour Messages" to
      reduce confussion of standard messages where multiple users
      are possible.

      Taken from http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/SpecialSessions.htm

      If a group of contest station can come up with a better plan, I will be
      happy to publish it on the webpages.

      Oh, on 222 and 432 MHz, I don't even think a consensus has been reached on
      the calling frequencies. This too should be decided on and published.

      Thanks for bringing this up... I for one hate schedules during ARRL
      contests, ties me down too much and many never show up for the sked.

      Tip WA5UFH