New member / Download question

  • Leslie Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2007
      Hi, Les Elliott KCØPTO here.  Just joined the group, and have a stupid question to ask.  I just upgraded to General, and am mostly interested in the Digital modes, and will be trying WSJT as soon as I get a multi band wire antenna put up (W5GI Mystery Antenna).  I only have a 40 M inverted V at present.  My transceiver is a Yaesu FT-920, and I'm using a kit interface from India called a Fox Delta SC-1.

      My question is:  I have had a older version of WSJT on the computer for quite a while, but never tried to use it.  I see that there have been quite a few later editions come out, and want to download the latest version.  Do I have to remove the older version  (V 4.7.0) before downloading the new one?  I am guessing the answer is no, but want to make sure.

      I'll probably
      be mostly using the JT65 mode, as I know the Mystery Antenna, or any multiband wire antenna, is a compromise and will not be pulling in those DX signals like a beam would.  I am poor, retired, and on a fixed Social Security income, so there is no chance of a tower or beam forthcoming. Hi Hi!!  I still plan on having fun, and am looking forward to much enjoyment with digital ham radio.

      Thanks for your help.  I asked the same question on the Digital Radio group, and didn't receive an answer.
      73 de KCØPTO
      Les Elliott