BIG DF OPERATING

  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007
      HEY GUYS DON'T TRY TO CALL A STATION THAT HAS
      MORE THAN 100CPS OF DF FROM YOU. IF HE IS LOOKING
      AT +/- 200 OR LESS, HE IS NOT GOING TO DECODE YOU
      AND YOU ARE WASTING TIME !

      I WAS CALLING CQ TODAY ON 20M WITH MY TOL SET TO 200.
      I DID NOT GET ANY ANSWERS AT FIRST, BUT NOTICED
      ANOTHER STATION JUST ABOVE ME ON THE OPPOSITE
      TIME SLOT. JUST FOR FUN, I OPENED THE TOL UP, AND
      DECODED THAT HE WAS CALLING ME, AND WOULD HAVE
      BEEN A GUD DX CONTACT, BUT I MISSED IT. HE SHOULD
      NOT HAVE CALLED ME FROM SO FAR AWAY USING WHAT
      AMOUNTS TO AN RIT IN EFFECT.

      GUYS...PSE TRY TO TUNE TO THE SYNC TONE USING THE
      RF DIAL, NOT THE CURSOR.

      GUD DX/WD4KPD

      please ignore caps...had finished text before i noticed it.
    • TF3TTY
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007

        All true.

        Best is to set tol to 50 and tick freeze. Untick AFC. Set your marker to 1270 HZ on the waterfall.

        This way you know where you are and we find you.

        73’s robert tf3tty