RE: [wsjtgroup] Newbee Questions

  • Stephen Hicks, N5AC
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2007
      Jeff,

      I would probably start with FSK441 on 6m.  There is a random hour for contacts on Saturday morning (see http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/).  I would hook everything up and listen on a Saturday morning to hear pings.  Once you can hear and decode these, give a call and see if you can contact someone.  There are plenty of people transmitting at these times and it will make your first contact less frustrating I would imagine!

      Steve, N5AC