Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT compiled on Mac OS X, but no love...

  • Dave hartzell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hi Harry,

      I'm pretty sure it compile....I used the Makefile.Darwin provided by
      the PortAudio package. I didn't install PortAudio, as it seems that
      the WSJT make process knows where to look for the PortAudio libs
      locally...

      WSJT then appeared to compile file, using the PortAudio libraries.

      I did some more research, and my Python 2.4 from DarwinPorts might not
      have Tcl/Tk compiled in....

      Dave

      On 1/31/07, Harry Popov <lz1bb@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Just to mention. Be 100% sure you compiled portaudio v0.19.
      >
      > On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 05:40 +0000, hartze11 wrote:DarwinPorts)
      > > I had to manually compile PortAudio, and edit the Makefile to
      > > not attempt to build it.

    • list email filter
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        Dave,

        I have WSJT running (well actually limping might be a more accurate
        description) on Mac OS X 10.4. I'd be happy to try and help you if
        you're still interested.

        BTW, this isn't for the faint of heart, and neither python nor fortran
        are my strong points, but I do have it encoding and decoding. I've got
        lots of cosmetic gui issues to resolve, the waterfall hangs on me
        sometimes, and it really doesn't like to use any audio device other than
        the system default for input (the device names have fixed lengths, and
        the mac isn't 'terse' enough). At this point it would be a stretch to
        even consider it 'alpha'.

        73,

        Erik
        N7HMS
        IRLP Node 3804 445.975 Simp PL103.5

        Emails sent directly to this address instead of going through a yahoo
        group are automatically processed as junk mail, so I never see them. If
        you want to email me directly, try 'mycall' at 12bars dot com, thanks.