WSJT compiled on Mac OS X, but no love...

  • hartze11
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hi, it appears that things compiled file, but I get a Tcl/Tk message
      when attempting to run:

      hartzell% pythonw ./wsjt.py

      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./wsjt.py", line 4, in ?
      from Tkinter import *
      File
      "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
      line 38, in ?
      import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
      for Tk
      ImportError: No module named _tkinter

      hartzell%

      I'm using Python 2.4 from DarwinPorts (locally compiled, versus the
      Apple 2.3 version).

      Just FYI, after satisfying the dependencies (mostly with DarwinPorts)
      things appeared to compile fine. I had to manually compile PortAudio,
      and edit the Makefile to not attempt to build it.

      73,

      Dave
    • Harry Popov
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi,

        Just to mention. Be 100% sure you compiled portaudio v0.19.

        On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 05:40 +0000, hartze11 wrote:DarwinPorts)
        > I had to manually compile PortAudio, and edit the Makefile to
        > not attempt to build it.
      • Dave hartzell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
          Hi Harry,

          I'm pretty sure it compile....I used the Makefile.Darwin provided by
          the PortAudio package. I didn't install PortAudio, as it seems that
          the WSJT make process knows where to look for the PortAudio libs
          locally...

          WSJT then appeared to compile file, using the PortAudio libraries.

          I did some more research, and my Python 2.4 from DarwinPorts might not
          have Tcl/Tk compiled in....

          Dave

          On 1/31/07, Harry Popov <lz1bb@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Just to mention. Be 100% sure you compiled portaudio v0.19.
          >
          > On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 05:40 +0000, hartze11 wrote:DarwinPorts)
          > > I had to manually compile PortAudio, and edit the Makefile to
          > > not attempt to build it.

        • list email filter
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3 10:17 AM
            Dave,

            I have WSJT running (well actually limping might be a more accurate
            description) on Mac OS X 10.4. I'd be happy to try and help you if
            you're still interested.

            BTW, this isn't for the faint of heart, and neither python nor fortran
            are my strong points, but I do have it encoding and decoding. I've got
            lots of cosmetic gui issues to resolve, the waterfall hangs on me
            sometimes, and it really doesn't like to use any audio device other than
            the system default for input (the device names have fixed lengths, and
            the mac isn't 'terse' enough). At this point it would be a stretch to
            even consider it 'alpha'.

            73,

            Erik
            N7HMS
            IRLP Node 3804 445.975 Simp PL103.5

            Emails sent directly to this address instead of going through a yahoo
            group are automatically processed as junk mail, so I never see them. If
            you want to email me directly, try 'mycall' at 12bars dot com, thanks.