time sync

  • ART <apucket3@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2003
      Any one out there know anything about the dimenison4 time sync
      program??
    • Mike Hasselbeck
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2003
        I use NMEATime, which works with both NIST clocks via the Internet or
        offline with a GPS:

        http://www.visualgps.net/NMEATime/default.htm

        Mike WB2FKO

        > Any one out there know anything about the dimenison4 time sync
        > program??

      • wa3wzr
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2016

          Need a recommendation for time sync software.  I have been using D4 for several years, but I am not sure it is working anymore after my upgrade to Windows 10.

          Thanks,

          Loren - WA3WZR

        • Kai
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 10, 2016
            Hi Loren
            I have been using the old dirt-simple free TARDIS software, now under Win 8.1. The install package does not work under 8.1, so I just copied the entire directory [463 kB total] into the root directory (just a few files) of the 8.1 machine, and set it to run in "windows XP compatibility mode". There are no registry entries, its too simple for that. Can enter as many time servers as I want, works just fine, no hassles. In a day or so I will have access to a win 10 computer and will test it there.

            Contact me off the reflector for more details.

            73
            Kai, KE4PT

            On 6/10/2016 15:01, wa3wzr@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:

            Need a recommendation for time sync software.  I have been using D4 for several years, but I am not sure it is working anymore after my upgrade to Windows 10.

            Thanks,

            Loren - WA3WZR

          • Philip Hawkes
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10, 2016

              Try Bkt time sync.
              Written by an amateur for amateurs.

              http://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html

              73 Phil M0ION

            • k4djg
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 10, 2016
                In addition, Bkt time sync can use an attached GPSr for portable use away from internet access.

                Bob, K4DJG
              • Ted
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 10, 2016

                  D4 works fine for me on Win10. It will show you when it has synched in one of the boxes

                  73, K7TRK