Re: [wsjtgroup] wsjt on linux

  • Harry Popov
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
      Hi Victor,

      On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 02:18 +0000, ke4lkq wrote:
      > anybody in this group using wsjt on linux??

      I do use WSJT under Linux since April this year. Actually I wiped my
      windows since then. I do use Mandriva 2007 here. I am not quite familiar
      with SuSe 10.1 but might be of some help if you want to compile wsjt.

      BTW if some one is interested I did a test. Instaled Mandriva 2007 on
      very old and slow Compaq Armada 7800. It is PII 266Mhz 128Mb RAM
      computer. Was surprised how quick is WSJT under Linux. On the same
      computer with Windows 2000 a period on JT65b was decoded for about 45
      seconds and longer with "Agressive deep dearch decoding" option. Under
      Linux the same task is done for less than 10 seconds. FSK441 perod is
      decoded for just a fraction more than 1 second.

      I do not mention any decoding quality difference between Windows and
      Linux compilation at all. Speaking for the last WSJT 5.9.6 r309 official
      release.

      73, Harry LZ1BB